Friday 8 April 2016

April/May `16





Binge and Scourge

Because it`s binge and scourge:
Burning bridges first

Do yourself a favour, and don`t let
yourself be hurt
Obsessed, in the process
Machinery at work

You know, with danger
We`ve been known to flirt
One look into those hollow pins,
I won`t believe the worst
I`d cut out your lying eyes
If the virus did not spread it`s shouting
Through your blood that squirts

Keep your friends as weapons, sharp
Until you blunt them on your skin
Enemies from birth, the voices closest
keep you trembling
How does this end?
The same way that it began
Screaming your way out of this world
A maggot soaked in Original Sin
I am no longer sentimental, sometimes
Forgiveness is a curse

Congratulations,
You`re dirt
You`ve earned yourself a verse

Hurry up now, let your elements disperse;
To join this O Deserving Earth


How do you know

What her skin 
Doesn`t show
When her eyes 
Don`t glow
When you haven`t been told?

How do you know 
What her wrinkles 
Have wrought 
Without the knowledge of the battles 
She`s fought
When you haven`t been taught?

You don`t, you cope
While she`s still pretending 
She floats

You poke, she chokes
And there`s not enough soap
or water to soak in, to wash off-
The promise is broken

Why do you care, when there`s nothing 
you can do
When you`re left 
With the truth
That it was never about you

You do because you`re you
And you`ll play the fool
Hoping that it blooms
To create something new


Funeral

Maybe I got this whole thing backwards,
20/20 hazels, notice my bad skin

Showing off my predilection to addiction ass first,
As if I am lacking an outlet
Or a knack for musical composition

The ability to get the feeling down,
Keep it pinned,
Vocabulary of pretty words to navigate within

Fuck a whiny sound with a wide grin,
You can plow this hearse proud
I`m in the back seat immersed in cleaning off the lint

Preparing for my funeral

I don`t think I`ve been this happy since I was a few years old
Learn to walk before you worry where you`re walking
I can continue this poem but it`s starting to get sloppy.


Definition


Misfit gone tight-knit
Zippered-up lace grip
That hype shit
That old sugar and spice shit
Ozone blown, pepper kick
Fill me up with that nice shit
Heart swirl, throat uncurled
Go fly me a kite bit
Feels so righteous
Like time-split
And you filled a space in my life, Miss
I might as well fight it
This urge to go quiet
And pilot, this fire is silent
I might wet my eyes
if I could only draw the line quick
So try it, `cause I won`t deny it
My chance to define
bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment